Shop More Submit  Join Login
:iconjinnymcg:
JinnyMcG Featured By Owner Mar 8, 2011
I've been slowly making my way through Nheira's artbook, LIBERTY (the German version), and I was wondering who else had read it.

:)

I don't speak German, so it's taking me time to translate the poems, but my favorite so far is You.

If anybody wants to talk about the book, I'd like very much to hear your thoughts. I realize that most of us don't speak German, so not many probably have the book.

And I wonder what's in the Japanese version!
O:
(5 Replies)

Devious Comments (Add yours)

JinnyMcG Featured By Owner May 9, 2011
I've translated most of the book; I have to finish one of the short stories, and then finish up with the text that's in gothic font. But it's a very interesting artbook to look at and read. I've never read something like this before in print, as several different approaches (writing, painting, photos...) are used. And the question-answer section at the back of the book gives some insight to Nheira's thinking and inspirations.

You is still my favorite poem in the book.
:iconyuroran:
yuroran Featured By Owner Apr 3, 2011  Professional Digital Artist
I can't read neither German nor Japanese. Boo-hoo. ):

And I know I'm not patient enough to translate everything. ><
JinnyMcG Featured By Owner Apr 3, 2011
It's a slow process, translating.

-_-''
:icontomassacre:
ToMASSACRE Featured By Owner Mar 23, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
I got the German version recently, it's really beautiful. =D
Haven't gotten around to translating any of it yet, though. Busy busy.
JinnyMcG Featured By Owner Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, I just started with the poems since they're not nearly as long as the short stories.

:3

I'll be interested to hear which poem you like best.
:iconrinku726:
rinku726 Featured By Owner Mar 22, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
Just received the German version. 8D

Surprise surprise! There are actually more piccas of N in the German one (and quite a number of them didn't appear on the Japanese vr), since there are multiple pics on some pages. When I was skimming the German vr, looking for differences, I was surprised when I saw N doing a '8D' expression on one page. xDDDD I was like...... hey. I didn't see that before. :O xDDD

Though in the Japanese vr, the pictures are larger as they occupy the entire page. And a few of them didn't appear in the German one either. So German = more pics, some of them smaller; Japanese = less but larger pics.
Also the Japanese one has a book jacket.

I also noticed that the German one is more saturated, especially evident on his artworks. But content-wise, it's essentially the same (save for the pics stated earlier). The Japanese text layout is also more pleasant to look at (for me anyway) than the other, as the latter is chunked in wide paragraphs.

I can finally understand the texts. ; - ;

P.S. I've said this a lot even way before, but I really hate Tokyopop's logo. :/ Especially its inherent ability to ruin beautiful covers. Dx
JinnyMcG Featured By Owner Mar 22, 2011
"N doing a "8D' expression"

<3
<3
<3

Thank you so much for explaining the differences. I wanted to visit Japan this year (and I would be picking up the Japanese version then), but I guess I'll be waiting for the State Dept here to give the green light on traveling there. It's unfortunate for the businesses in Japan that depend on tourism, but I'm thinking that it will be a while before travelers will be able to visit. Such a tragedy; the number of deaths is terrible.

._.

I'm going to go eat something sweet now and see if I can bring my spirits up with some extra bloodsugar.
rinku726 Featured By Owner Mar 22, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
<3 indeed. XDDD

And you're very welcome~ :> Hopefully everything goes well really soon. Ugh. I hate sensationalist media. :|

Anyway.

Sorry, but I shall be taking my leave now. I was ready to pass out on my bed but then there was LIBERTY on top. (just got back home) =_=; So tired.

Byebye, and take it easy on the sweets. <3
rinku726 Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
I tried getting the German version last Tuesday, it should arrive in two weeks time. I'll note the difference on the Japanese version as soon as I get it. ^^

But I really think the content difference would be minimal, judging from the number of pages according to the book info. o: I dunno though, we'll see.

Ughhhhhhh.... I can't wait for the academic year to end. >< I still have so many things to attend to, until the next 5 or 6 weeks. :crying: Only then I can give my full attention~ ""o(__ __ )~o
:iconmaskqueraide:
maskqueraide Featured By Owner Mar 11, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
why did you buy both versions? XD
Add a Comment:

Forum