|1) What tools do you use for drawing manga?|
- Tools are overrated, practise is more important. I am using nib-pen and ink always.
2) May I paint from your pictures for practise?
- Yes, it's okay.
3) Do you take commissions/request/art-trades ?
4) Please look at my gallery and give me feedback!
- No, I don't have the time to check out random profiles. But I acknowledge the frequent writers. (Even if I can't reply usually, I am very happy to read something from you always.)
5) What media did you use?
- Most of my works are traditional (ink / watercolor / markers)
6) I am doing an university/school/etc. project and I would like to ask you some questions. Answer my interview.
-Unfortunately I don't have time to answer private interviews.
7) May I use your artwork or photo on my website/forum/whatever?
- No. Please respect the copyright.
8) Why are there only a few girls in your artworks?
- I like to draw guys, and I don't know how to draw women...
9) Why don't you answer me?
- I try to reply as often as I can, but please imagine there are a vast number of of messages I get every day... and I am a very very busy person...
Therefore, I try to update my pages as often as I can.
10) What brand of watercolors are you using? Show me how to use Watercolors in general!
- You can find a detailed tutorial I made on YouTube: youtu.be/l6ftNA0U948
11) I am a writer and I want you to illustrate my story and/or a cover!
- Ohh.. I get so many of these messages.
But if you want me to work for you and use my artworks on commercial base, you have to be aware that my professional fee is same as for publishers which includes the copyrights for my artworks.
For many other questions about drawing etc., please check out my Facebook page which is frequently updated with a lot of stuff! :>
And here is a list of my official pages:
- Blog: ameblo.jp/khaoskai/
- Twitter: twitter.com/followers
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/khaoskai
*please write an email to the address in the picture if you are interested!You can also ask questions at there, if anything is unsure~
Kai – mangaka & illustrator|
Follow me on Twitter
Starting the career as mangaka and freelance illustrator, his works have been published in Japan, USA, Germany and France.
His art combines dark and visual kei asthethics with mythical, longing themes.
The sceneries range from fantasy to the realistic settings with psychological elements.
Beside the activity as manga artist, Kai is also working as a model for V-kei and punk fashion in Europe and Japan.
His latest Manga-shortstory “空般 伝説“ won the award 2nd price of MIRACLE JUMP magazine.